Thread: MLB 2019 thread
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 10:59 PM   #21
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Teams, perhaps understandably, tend to not make announcements about these things if they can prevent it. Wasn't there are lady struck by a foul ball and killed at Dodger Stadium last year? It took months for the news of that story to seep through the cracks.
I don't expect teams to report it. That's the media's job. So if there are other stadiums w/similar kill rates, then that is the press' fault for not reporting it. But it is still the franchises' fault for not doing something about it. It still is no excuse.

The business should hold responsibility for keeping their patrons reasonably safe. All the spectator events being held in this country in front of crowds of 40000+ & Dodger stadium is the only major one I hear repeated incidents of someone ending up brain dead in the parking lot. So until someone brings me proof it is happening multiple times in multiple USA venues I maintain my position. Chavez Ravine is dangerous and it is long past time for MLB to fulfill their obligation to do something about it.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote