View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 05:58 PM   #102
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonusWagner View Post
I appreciate the opinions of the not-fan-bots that have posted here.

OOTP: you want to play in the bigs? Take the hits. That's my advice. Fan-bots will spoil ya, the John Henry's notwithstanding....

Look- I know a few thing about software. So, this is a very marginal, extremely marginal field - text-driven baseball sims. I get it. And you really utilize the freeware available (hence the decision to pursue, of all things, 3D graphics for a text-based sim.... *smh* :-) ).

Whokay. Were this the late 80s then adding a 3D engine to a text-driven sim might seem cool. It isnt though. So now if feels like silly. Have you seen your competitors in graphics?

Look, from a gamer's experience in an extremely niche field, you may feel like superheros. I understand that. But look at it from a simple software perspective. And by the way: if John Henry's financial software or online racing sim software ran like this you'd never hear of him.

And that is my point. There are things here that are fundamentally busted. And I feel like I am talking about a friends "special needs" brother who seems to put out the effort on the job site but... just isn't getting it.

In short, I agree with a post above: I think you've taken this series as far as you can. I'll add to that and suggest you aren't actually programmers. Maybe that's what Henry was alluding to. That you were able to make this without programming backgrounds. You are pouring more time into configuring freeware software than doing something about the game basics. To me, that is a major clue. 3D graphics is freeware. Fixing how stats windows are sorted and those types of bugs and issues is 101 programming.

Re "special needs" comment - take it for what it's worth. Were I to load this sw up for spreadsheets or db etc I would howl fraud. Not trying to be mean. But there are so many things busted and bent.

And I say this without having purchased 20. I did buy 19 though. And after a few weeks or so I gave it up.

No doubt though, you are the best of class. I don't doubt that. I only write this due to the money spent so far. But more than that, the many hours spent, trying to get something to work that was, and remains (I'll bet) broken out of the box.

Best of luck.
Do you mean they have taken this as far as they can because they are concentrating 3d and face gen?
If so I agree.
There are so many cool things they can incorporate...STATS STATS STATS....
Challenges.....
Better historical accuracy
Better ways to meld real world with your own expansion.
Online play.....
on and on
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote