View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 09:38 PM   #9
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Beatles, I agree about the QS that comes with the game has significant problems with the roster selections. Another issue is that the players were not translated to the same environment. Your input is of course welcome with regards to the rosters. I may miss someone, but I'm being as thorough as possible. I am limiting teams to 30 players because if you go more than that you will have players who will never be used. I'm basically taking the top 2 players at each position for a franchise for these rosters. Players can only be featured on one team. Every player in the Hall of Fame should be on some team. There are also some players on teams that you might not expect. Bobby Bonds is on the Angels because he is not gonna make it onto the Giants roster and he is a good enough player that he should be on some team.

One of the reasons I am posting the rosters is for anyone to comment on the selections. I'm open to debate. I'm trying to get some RP's on these teams so that they aren't filled with SP's. For RP's I'm tending to take a team's top 2 pitchers in saves and then I look at Games Pitched as well as a couple other categories because the RP's won't generally appear in the top 12 in pitching WAR for a team.

As for the 1800's team, I am going to use their career translated stats to try to nerf them a bit because otherwise they will steamroll and I don't want that to happen. If they are still too strong another option is to move them into the strongest division for competitive balance in the game.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote