View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 12:17 PM   #3
Radsmats
Minors (Double A)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Markus recommends skipping the 19th century altogether with random debuts. I disregard his advice and accept these gods (have you seen the pitchers? Whoa!) as they are. He recommends setting your years for players from 1901 through 2017 because of the phenomenon that you're noticing. Who knows maybe these dudes were great relative to their contemporaries and therefore deserve superb ratings, but I rather doubt it. I don't think anybody's done the sort of work you're looking for but you never know. Maybe try advanced search here, or Google OOTP plus whatever you want to know. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Thanks for the tip ... it's a good start. I'll have to poke around for that setting and restart. And yes, I've seen the pitchers. You should see my rotation. Two 1800s studs, Bob Walk and pray for rain. And I don't mind a little drizzle on Bob's days. Walk is supposed to be his surname, not his to-do list.
In previous versions I downloaded the data file into Excel, searched for everybody with speed / defense over certain limits and rewrote much lower numbers for everybody I didn't recognize (so the Cool Papa Bells of the world stand out as exceptional), then re-imported the data file. I might poke around with that again ... or just take Marcus' advice, which would be much, much easier.

Last edited by Radsmats; 03-31-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Radsmats is offline   Reply With Quote