View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 08:13 PM   #20
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
When the weights are taken into account are the project stats for the season when calculated based on 162 games? So if the player misses games due to rest or injury then he will not achieve his calculated stats made before Opening Day plus or minus random variation?
I would think the game is more interested in the rates that a player hit a HR or double in rather than the raw numbers themselves. This makes your Adjust/Weaken settings important. Too high and you might cause some guys to be Adjusted/Weakened that don't really deserve to be. Too low and you could create beasts out of guys with very few AB/IP. I use 200/50 for AB, and 40/10 for IP. Always have because those are ideal for Neutralized Stats, which I had always used until this year. Gonna give Real Stats some test runs as well and pick out whichever one suits me. Missed seasons are a big reason for using 3 or 5 year recalc because there are definitely some numbers to work with regardless of whether the player was serving his country in wartime or injured or whatever the case may be IRL. Jeff1787 has definitely convinced me that if you're going to use players from outside the MLB database, you probably want Neutralized Stats, but there were issues in OOTP18 with some HoF type OF becoming first basemen. I love using players from outside the MLB database, so that might force my hand. We shall see.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote