View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 05:15 PM   #15
Reed
All Star Starter

What happens when injuries and or fatigue is turn on? This is just conjecture on my part since I obviously don’t know how Markus created his game engine.
At the beginning of the season the game engine is looks at how many hits that it needs to create. Let’s say it needs 20000 hits. The engine will look at all your settings (injury, DH, fatigue, etc.). When it looks a the injury setting, it determines 2000 hits ( I just randomly selected that number) will be lost due to injuries (mostly starters and your better players). Their replacement might get a 1000 of those hits back but the other 1000 will go to other players. Therefore, players like Hornsby (and all other players) who don’t get hurt will get a boost to their hit total. Some of the players that were injured will have batting averages at .400 due to randomness (and some will be lower than their RL averages). Therefore injury (and your other settings) will definitely influence the game engine as it tries to maintain league totals. I hope this makes since, I just had a couple drinks and I’m in a hurry. I could be completely wrong but in my limited sample that I have done, it seems correct.
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote