View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 10:50 AM   #69
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1928 NHL Offseason

The goaltending in the Cup final was phenomenal! 35 year old Clint Benedict had his finest moments even in defeat. Roy Worters proved the Leafs made the right choice playing him over John Ross Roach. Here are their stats for the 1928 playoffs.

Eddie Shore wins his second straight Hart Trophy! Shore had 7 goals, 17 assists, which is pretty good considering the lack of scoring this year. He also led the league with 124 penalty minutes.

Here are the 1927/28 award winners

Here are the NHL all-star teams. I remembered to screen shot it this year!!

Hmm, I believe, it is a little weird that the winner of the Hart Trophy isn’t named to either all-star team for the season. Doesn’t really make any sense at all!

A major rule change for the upcoming season will alter the playoffs going forward.

The Rangers get another first pick in the draft, but don’t find a Charlie Conacher this year. They select Tom Anderson, who likes like a solid role player, not a star that you hope to find at the top of the draft…

Tiny Thompson suffers a major head injury.

Thompson was the starter for the Habs after arriving from Ottawa a few years ago. He did a good job, but the 25 year looks like he won’t be available this year at all. 35 year old George Hainsworth, who still looks excellent, will get another shot at a starting gig for Montreal.

Toronto trades Laurie Scott to Ottawa.

Scott has been one of the NHL’s best offensive players the last few years. He helped the Leafs win a Cup last year. Toronto deals him for a young dman who hasn’t played in the NHL. Scott moves right to the Sens top line. I like this deal for Ottawa.

Here is Laurie Scott's career so you can see how good he's been the last few years.

Chicago just stole Red Horner from the Maroons.

Horner is a future top line defender. Montreal gets a # 3 aging goalie, and a number 5 defenseman. I don’t see why they would make this deal. Chicago should be ecstatic!
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote