View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 07:06 AM   #77
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 3rd, 1985

Today the Expos are sen ding up Ed Whitson (4-2, 2.00) and the Giants have Mike Krukow (5-3, 2.83). Should be a good one!

The games tarted off the way I like it, as I handled a nice grounder from Davey Concepcion and a nice pop up from Dale Murphy for the second out.

When I led off the bottom half, I outran a grounder to Whitson for an infield single. I then grabbed stolen base #36. Kenny Oberkfell singled and I scored!

Giants lead 1-0!

I lead off again in the 3rd and I blasted the ball, hitting the wall in centre. I legged out a triple! Kenny O walked and I scored on a sac fly by Chili Davis.

Giants up 2-0!

In the 4th I got the 1st out - a pop up by Toby Harrah, but with two out Whitson singled past we (I should have had it!) to score Tim Flannery from 2nd.

Giants up 2-1.

In the 5th the Expos got one on a Mickey Hatcher sac fly, and another on a Harrah single.

Expos lead 3-2.

I led off the 5th by lying out to Harrah in right.

If I thought missing tha Whitson grounder was bad, in the 6th I actually bungled an easy grounder by him. My 11th error. I erased it by then starting a Priske - Castino - O'Malley double play to get Whitson and Concepcion. Later that inning Murphy hit a two-run homer. I got a Tim Wallach fly to end things but by then...

Expos lead 5-2.

Tom O'Malley knocked Jeff Leonard in that inning to narrow the gap by one.

Expos lead 5-3.

In the 7th I came up with one out and nobody on. I singled to centre. That was followed by stolen base #37. Just like in the 1st, Kenny O singled me home.

Expos lead 5-4

Scott Garrelts took the mound for us in the 8th. I got a pop up from pinch-hitter Rod Carew for out #2

In the 9th I was due up with Chris Brown representing the tying run at 1st and nobody out. But despite going 3 for 4 today, Nestor went with Ken Smith.

Not happy.

We did not score. We lost.

Record 24-24

I have understood Nestor wanting to pull me in other games. Today? I am not happy.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is online now   Reply With Quote