View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 06:49 PM   #73
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 31st, 1985

The Phillies are in town and they are putting Joe Niekro (2-3, 6.10). We are answering with Terry Mulholland (2-3, 5.13)

I led off the bottom of the 1st by singling to left. I tried to steal 2nd on a 1-0 count but they pitched out and caught me dead. Later that inning Chris Brown scored on a Terry Harper sac fly.

Giants up 1-0.

In the 2nd I got the 1st out by taking a Von Hayes grounder.

I came up that inning with two out and Tom O'Malley on 2nd. I lined out to Tim Raines in left.

I got the first out again in the 3rd, this time a Niekro grounder.

I came up that inning with two out and nobody on. I struck out but by that point we had scored SIX runs that frame.

Giants up 7-0!

And it is a good thing that happened because the Phils got three back in the 4th.

In the 5th... I made an error. A Craig Reynolds grounder that I should have made in my sleep. Grrr. That's my tenth error. They ended up getting 3 unearned runs. If we lose this game, it is my fault.

Giants lead 7-6.

I came up in the 5th, now facing Steve Fireovid, with Rob Deer on 1st and one out. I got robbed of a single by Hayes in centre.

Frank Williams came in to pitch for us in the 6th.

In the 7th we got two guys on ahead of me and Nestor lifted me for Mike Aldrete. He didn't get a hit but we did score two that inning,

We ended up winning 9-6.

23-22

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote