View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 03:56 PM   #69
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 26th, 1985

Another game in La Belle Province. We have Terry Mulholland facing Bill Gullickson.

I lead the game off the right way for a change, cracking a single to centre. Chris Brown followed with another single and I moved up to 2nd. Unfortunately Chili Davis damned near hit into a triple play, erasing me and Brownie.

In the bottom half Al Cowens hit and RBI single.

Expos up 1-0

In the 2nd I came up with Mulholland on 1st and two out. I grounded out to Tim Wallach at 3rd.

I grabbed a hot liner by Davey Concepcion for the 2nd out in the 2nd. Nice! Pat Tabler hit an RBI single after that, though.

Expos lead 2-0

The 3rd got worse. By the time Concepcion grounded out to me, Montreal had scored three times, including a Bill Gullickson triple.

Expos lead 5-0

In the 5th I came up with Tom O'Malley (who pinch hit for Terry) on 2nd and none out. I hit a trickle to 3rd but outran it for an infield hit. O'Malley moved to 3rd. Brownie followed with a single again and we were on the board. Chili hit into fielder's choice and I moved to 3rd. Rob Deer singled and I crossed!

Expos lead 5-2

Curt Brown took the mound. I took a Toby Harrah grounder for the 1st out and a Ticket Hatcher pop up for the 2nd out. Charlie Moore slipped one past me for a hit, though.

In the 6th Kenny O cracked a solo homer! I came up with two out and Mike Aldrete on 2nd. I popped out.

Expos lead 5-3

In the bottom half I got a Tabler grounder for the 2nd out and a Dale Murphy grounder for the 3rd.

In the 7th I bungled an easy grounder by Cowens. Error for me. I fixed the error by starting a Priske - Oberkfell - Aldrete double play on Harrah to end the inning.

I got the 3rd out in the 8th, catching a Rod Carew pop. (Carew!)

Greg Harris pitched the 9th for Montreal. Aldrete and Sixto Lezcano got on and Nestor pulled me for John Castino. Sigh.

We lost 5-3. Back below .500

Another game in Montreal tomorrow.

We have the struggling Jeff Robinson and the Expos have the sharp Andy McGaffigan.

Oh. All-Star voting starts today. Will any Giant go? I doubt it.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote