View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 05:21 PM   #66
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 22nd, 1985

In Philadelphia facing Kevin Gross who is 4-1 with a 2.44 ERA.
We are sending up Jeff Robinson who is 0-5 with a 7.11 ERA.

Time to turn things around?

I lead off the game by grounding out to Juan Samuel at 2nd.

We didn't score in the top half but the Phillies did better, with Rick Schu hitting a solo homer in the bottom half.
I took a pop up from Tim Raines for the 2nd out and grounder from Von Hayes for the 3rd.

Phillies lead 1-0

That lead did not stay intact for long as Terry Harper hit a two-run shot in the 2nd. I came up with two out and the bases empty and Gross struck me out to end the frame.

Giants up 2-1

I started a Priske - Oberkfell - Aldrete double play to get Barry Bonnell and Darren Daulton to end the inning.

In the 3rd I got more action, taking a grounder from Gross for the 2nd out.

In the 4th Harper hit his second homer of the game! I came up with two out and Aldrete on 2nd and Gross struck me out again.

Giants up 3-1

I got a Bonnell grounder in the bottom half, but the Phillies were pretty active, scoring twice before Daulton popped out to me to end it.

Tie game 3-3

Then came the 5th.

Chris Brown reached on error. Chili Davis walked. Rob Deer singles, scoring Brownie. Bob Brenly singled, scoring Chili. Kenny Oberkfell doubled, scoring Deer. Harper popped out. They walked Aldrete intentionally. Robinson flew out. I singled, scoring Brenly.

They finally lifted Gross for Marty Bystrom.

Brown singled, scoring Kenny O and Aldrete. Chili singled, scoring me. Deer flew out.

We scored seven times.

Giants up 10-3

They got one back in the bottom half after Aldrete dropped a throw from Kenny O, scoring Steve Jeltz on what would have been the 3rd out. I took grounder from Hayes to end things.

Giants lead 10-4

In the 6th I got another grounder by Bonnell for the 2nd out. After a Daulton double Frank Williams came it to relieve Robinson. He stranded Daulton.

I came up in the 7th with two out and nobody on. I struck out for the 3rd time today.

Pat Perry took the mound for us to start the bottom of the 7th. A couple of errors lead to the Phils scoring 3 times before Perry is pulled for Mark Davis.

Giants lead 10-7

Chili hits a solo homer in the 8th.

Giants lead 11-7

Juan Samuel hits a two-run shot off Mark Davis in the 8th. Then Don Baylor pinch-hits and hits a solo shot. The lead is down to one! Mark walks Tim Raines and Nestor lifts him for Ron Davis. He gets Hayes.

Giants lead 11-10

We don't score in the 9th so it is down to it. Three outs to go.

Ken Landreaux singled. Bonnell grounds to Chris Brown who gets Landreaux at 2nd. Fielder's choice. Ron walks Daulton and the tying run is now on 2nd. Jeltz hits a grounder and Oberkfell - Priske - Smith double play to end the game.

A nail biter but we are back to .500. 19-19

We have a travel day tomorrow and then we are back in my home country to face the Expos!

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote