View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 03:45 AM   #1
skyballer455
All Star Reserve

Introducing the Historical Replay Starter Kit

This file contains everything needed, graphics-wise, to do a historical replay from the beginning of Major League Baseball in 1901 all the way to 2016. It brings together several mods so that everything is available in one download without one having to look around for them.

To make this file, I used No_Pepper and reds1's fantastic historical uniform sets. Since the two sets overlap in some places, I had to do some file management to eliminate the overlap. The logos are from Gambo's Historical Logos Compilation, of course updated with some corrections for accuracy.

The baseball card templates are from the Baseball Card Templates Combined File, also by Gambo, updated to 2016 with the new 2016 Topps template made by fhomess. The historical facegen files are from a couple of different sets. And finally, the ballpark files were made by pstrickert.

This file also includes the Minor League Collection, containing minor league team sets made by George_Bell, myself and many others.

This file was made with OOTP16 in mind (since I think that's the version that's best for historical replays) but it should work with all versions after that.

This is only version one. If you feel something needs to be corrected or added, reply to this thread and I'll sort it out.

INSTALLATION:

1) Navigate to the OOTP Baseball xx folder usually located at C:\Users\[Your Name]\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball xx

2) Extract the MLB Historical Jerseys, MLB Historical Ballcaps, and MLB Historical Logos folders (the folders, not the contents) to the appropriate folders
(jerseys, ballcaps & logos respectively).

3) Extract the bb_cards folder containing the baseball card template files to the OOTP Baseball xx folder, overwriting the one already there when asked.
The folder names are for OOTP 17. If installing for another version, extract the bb_cards folder to a convenient location (such as the desktop) and rename the ootp17
and ootp17_mac folders to the version you are using. For example, if installing for OOTP 16, you would change the names to ootp16 and ootp16_mac. After that
is done, copy the folder to the OOTP Baseball xx folder, overwriting the one already there.

4) Extract the ballparks folder to the OOTP Baseball xx folder, merging with the one already there when asked.

5) Extract the fg_files folder to the OOTP Baseball xx folder, again overwriting the one already there.

6) Lastly, extract the Minor League Collection folder to a location of your choice. Notes on the usage of the collection are below.

The ballparks, baseball cards, and facegen files will automatically load without any extra input. However, as the jersey, ballcap, and logo sets are in separate
folders, you will need to point the game to them manually. To do so, during the creation of your historical league, go to advanced mode and then to the advanced
settings located at the left side of the screen. There you will find options to change the folders where the game looks for jerseys, ballcaps, and logos. Click
the change button on the team logos option and click on the MLB Historical Logos folder you extracted. Then click the "Select" button. Do the same for the
team jerseys and team ballcaps options. After that you are all set to change MLB history!

USING THE MINOR LEAGUE COLLECTION

Since I couldn't come up with anything good for this bit, here are the notes on usage from the original thread, updated:

1. The file is divided into two folders, Major League and Random. Major League contains 30 folders named for teams in the league. In each folder are minor league teams which go with that particular team. The Random folder contains minor league teams which can be assigned to any team.

2. The dates in the file names aren't meant to be followed strictly. Instead, they denote which era that the particular jersey belongs in. In other words, they are meant to be a guide as to when in history to use them. The bulk of the uniforms are 70's to 80's era, although there are some from the 50s and 60s and a couple more recent ones.

3. I made sure that each team represented has at least a cap, a home and away jersey, and logo.

That should be all you need to know to use the minor league collection. Do not hesitate to reply to this thread if you have any questions.

DOWNLOAD:
Historical Replay Starter Kit V3

The ballparks folder will no longer be included in the main file to cut down on file size. It should be easy enough to find, though.

Last edited by skyballer455; 03-25-2017 at 09:27 PM.
skyballer455 is offline   Reply With Quote