View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 07:55 PM   #9
lethal liberal
All Star Starter

Although I would never underestimate Rocky,and how anyone can say the guy isnt in the top 5 of all time is beyond me. Sure,guys like Ali,Holmes and Foreman would have been too much for Rock. However,aside from those three,I think he has a good shot against anyone. I think he would blast Lewis out in a hurry. Just my opinion,but I dont think Lewis is a top 10 all-time guy. As for Tyson,when ranking fighters on an all-time basis,I think you have to take everything into consideration..the entire career,and Rocky is unequaled in that respect. That being said,in a fight between the two with both in their prime..I think it would have been an absolute fury. Sort of Hearns/Hagler the heavyweight version. It may have simply come down to who landed the first shot flush. Rocky had the better chin,but Tyson was much faster. Great matchup. My top 5 all-time heavyweights.
1) Ali
2) Holmes
3) Louis
4)Foreman
5) Marciano

Coach of Left Jab Inc (You have to be great to be consistently mediocre)

Title Bout devotee since 79

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have little.
FDR
lethal liberal is offline   Reply With Quote