View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 05:00 AM   #6
rdklein
All Star Reserve

This is very cool... thanks for putting this together and sharing tiger/jeremy.

I have a question: How did you handle the stadiums? Or did you just create a generic 1.000 base stadium for all teams?

I never worried about this in 6.5 because there was so much other stuff that needed to be figured out when running a historical league (i.e. modifiers/era calculators ect.) - so I don't really have a lot of knowledge about it to begin with, nor could I find anything in threads/manuals.

I figured since 2006 took care of a lot of the historical stuff now, I would try to incorporate stadiums, but I cant figure it out. I remember in 6.5, it was pretty easy to add stadiums via those 2 files (cant remember the names right now - park.dat? parkinfo.dat or something?) Anyway, I don't see those files anywhere in this version... guess they are coded into the main program?

Anyway, new historical leagues starting in 1901 come with the correct 16 teams' stadium. When a team moves, changes stadiums, or the league expands - do I have to manually create the new stadium for that team? Or are these stadiums somewhere in the program - where I am unable to find them?
rdklein is offline   Reply With Quote