View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 06:33 PM   #16
Bub13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
-- SNIP --

But our bottom line should be if OOTP is fun and enticing. If so then it doesn't matter what our settings are or how different each players settings are. But the only way you will know is if you try it.

Having a handful of players reach the mlb when they are young and another handful of 35+ players still hanging around makes my universe more fun for me so I change my settings. But who knows in 21 I might not want to see old timers around and change that.

I don't need it to be 100% realistic but I need it to be 100% fun and enjoyable.
Totally agree. I don't have my game up right now, so I don't know what #s I've changed to, but I slowed the aging curve b/c too many guys were hitting age 32 or so and just dropping off the cliff. I don't mean aging over a couple of seasons, I mean a "drank the iocane powder and died on the spot" dropoff. I also don't see hardly any 19 or 20 year-old phenoms, but the AI seems to bring up a handful of fully developed 21 or 22 year-olds every year. My prospect development always seems a bit slower, somehow... Must be a House Rule.
Bub13 is offline   Reply With Quote