View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 07:27 PM   #25
neugey
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post
I agree that aspects of PT and tournaments are tedious and need major UI improvements. I disagree that tournaments should be an accessory to the core game. PT and tournaments are the future of this game.

There's little growth to be had with improving the core game. I asked two of my buddies into baseball the same question, had they played this game. They both said they had picked up a previous release but found the core game too much for them. No matter how much you improve the core game, you will not make these two into loyal customers. They're not interested in figuring out options or the rule 5 draft. They want to open packs and make line-ups. Improve PT and tournaments and I bet they'd both be dropping dollars into the game.

Some of you will hate this, but the future of this game is in appealing to casuals.

I fall into the PT casual category. I have enjoyed the core game before but don't have the time to get engrossed in it to try to build a winner like I used to. I only have smaller blocks of time. I enjoy Monopoly, but only have time to play Yahtzee. At the end of the day, both are fun.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote