View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 05:31 PM   #2
omniart
Major Leagues

Implementation!

My first thought was that I could simply import historical players. Take the Mickey Mantle example above. I could import his 1958 season in year 1, then retire him after his 1964 season in year 7, then in year 10 import a second Mickey Mantle at his 1952. Easy peasy, right?

The snag is players with non-consecutive seasons that I want to be played consecutively. Take Ted Williams and his three lost years due to World War II. I would want him to play his 1939-42 seasons, then skip immediately to his 1946 season. If I import 1939 Ted Williams, what is the best way to handle his player when we reach 1943?

One way that I can think of handling this is to use the export/import roster functions in between seasons and code a script that updates the ratings outside of OOTP. I would need to have gathered all the ratings beforehand, probably by creating a dummy league, importing the relevant player seasons, and exporting the rosters. I think this would work, but I'm not terribly familiar with export/import rosters so I'm wondering if there are any pitfalls to this approach.

Ideally, I would be able to set up a false historical database for those 15 years. Then everything would be completely automated after setup, which I like because it seems a much more stable setup. But if I'm reading things on these boards correctly, this is an option that would have been available prior to OOTP 19 but that is now unavailable.

So this is where I'm at right now. I think that I see a route to accomplish this, but I'm not fluent in the ins and outs of the historical database and I would greatly appreciate a second set of eyes on this.
Athletic Bilbao, UEBA

Papeete Black Pearls, Pacific Baseball Federation
omniart is offline   Reply With Quote