View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 02:19 AM   #75
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Please give us an update as you progress. I owned the Sutton card but had no luck in the 1/2 year that I owned him. Hubbell has punished me way too many times to count.

Wainwright is on my kids team and he really likes him. He came through in all important games for him and is currently his go to card for important matches (lower level league).

I am also curious how the 99 Maddux will do for you and look forward to a next season update.
My long term plan is to shed my team of all the Perfect cards and go with a competitive diamond team. Maybe it is just me but I tend to get bored quickly with “cruise control” 100 teams.

My Sutton (98), Clarkson (99) and Keefe (99) cards have done quite well in P411. All 3 are in the top 5 in WAR (and rWAR) and ERA+, for example. An all diamond perfect team sounds like a cool idea. I've got only 3 perfects and have still played very well against the top teams this season. And my 3 perfects were amongst the weakest performing members of the team. But who knows how we'd do if we were in a tougher perfect league.