View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004, 10:52 AM   #15
Dan Theman
Hall Of Famer

Follow-up On The Dl

Well, I used Pierre's roster editor to move some non-40-man-roster players to the DL (15-day only, as Pierre's utility isn't able to differentiate), ran a season and hit "continue to next season." The results:

Zero days of major league experience. Phew!

Mind you, these are players who were off of the 40-man roster. They did gain pro experience. My main concern was that some of my owners would have wound up causing harm to their franchises by having placed minor leaguers on the DL before 6.03 was implemented, and thankfully they won't.

Sporr's assessment is correct for those who were already on the ML roster.

**IMPORTANT NOTE**

There, was that highlighted enough?

IF you placed minor leaguers on the DL and then upgraded to 6.03 midseason, you can only return those players to the active (and 40-man)roster while within OOTP6. Even if it's some 18 year old A-ball player, the game will force you to promote him to the majors and only then would you be able to "demote" him back to A-ball.

WORKAROUND:use Pierre's roster editor, and this will let you sidestep the problem. Go ahead and use it immediately and move the minor leaguers even while they're still injured so you won't have to keep checking back whenever they become eligible to be removed (it's not cheating if they never belonged there in the first place!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan
Well ... To be fair, I am going to change the name to "DanSim Baseball"

- Shaun
Dan Theman is offline   Reply With Quote