View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 12:53 AM   #58
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I hope everyone else is doing fine. Both the Base Stealers and Silver Pirates are in the playoffs.

If you made it, don't hesitate to share your standings or story....

As usual there are some incredible tight battles down the stretch in various leagues.

In P401 my Gold Gryphons have now clinched the second wild card spot in the AC but are 3 games now behind the division leading Gothenburg Frogs. Another great season for this team regardless of how things finish, but a couple heavyweights to get through now, most notably the 3-time PL champion Big Bang Quasars who we'll meet in the WC game by the looks of things. Anything can happen in one game so I won't say impossible!

In P411 my Blue Gryphons are clinging with teeth and nails to the second wild card spot in the AC, 1 game up on the Tassie Devils. But the story for me in this league is that we trail the division leading Oakland Oatboys by 4. This time features only defensive gems along with a great pitching staff. There are no Babe Ruths or Barry Bonds or Cy Seymour or Dan Brouthers to be found. Instead a team loaded with Aparicio, Simmons, 97 Trout, Lemon, Pena, and other top defensive players, along with a great strategy. I've been chasing them all season. Many kudos need to go to manager "bibu" for really figuring out a different way to be competitive at perfect. His ballpark factors are obviously key to his success, with way lowered extra base hits and lefty average. And he's got me by 4 games in the standings now. Two games to go to try to earn the WC spot and hopefully capture some post season momentum.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote