View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 10:18 AM   #1
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Park suggestions for Baseball Heaven project?

Folks, I mentioned various teams for that project, and I was looking to see what you thought might be suitable enough home parks for said teams. I also mentioned several possibilities for them, but some of them might have multiple versions for them and/or names, of course.

What parks might you each recommend for possible use, given the players listed on team's potential rosters? The teams in question are as follows, and I want to use different parks for each, if possible:

National League:

Boston Braves
Brooklyn Dodgers
Chicago Cubs
Cincinnati Reds
New York Giants
Philadelphia Phillies
Pittsburgh Pirates
St Louis Cardinals

American League:

Boston Red Sox
Chicago White Sox
Cleveland Indians
Detroit Tigers
New York Yankees
Philadelphia Athletics
St. Louis Browns
Washington Senators

Federal League:

Chicago Whales
Florida Marlins
Milwaukee Brewers
Montreal Expos
New Jersey Generals
New York Mets
Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Toronto Blue Jays

Continental League:

Arizona Diamondbacks
California Angels
Colorado Rockies
Houston Astros (Colt .45's)
Kansas City Royals
San Diego Padres
Seattle Mariners
Texas Rangers

For game purposes, at least, I have the Generals located in Newark, New Jersey, but don't have a stadium for them. I don't want the Cubs and Whales to share Weeghman/Wrigley, so one of the two will have to have a different park as their home park, of course.

New Jersey's home park should ideally have a retractable roof, manicured grass, average foul area, altitude of 13 feet, and a maximum capacity of 40,624, normally. I'd call it Generals Fortress, I think.

Its dimensions, at least as of 1901, I'd envision as 341 to left field line, 370 to left, 405 to left center, 423 to center, 409 to right center, 372 to right, and 339 to right field line, with wall heights at 15 on the lines, 16 in left and right, 14 in left and right center, and 13 in center. Apparently, if I read the park factors correctly enough, it seems it may strongly favor pitchers. Those factors are average LHB 0.945, average RHB 0.943, Doubles 1.184, Triples 1.044, Home Runs LHB 0.714, and Home Runs RHB 0.712, it seems.

Mow Pattern should be Starburst, with no pitching lane, no distance markers, and with on-deck circles on, ideally, at least at first, if possible.

Stadium should possibly have at least a few touches reminiscent of Ebbets Field, Sportsman's Park, and maybe Angel Stadium, but still have a largely New Jersey feel to it, with big ad boards like those often seen in older ballparks, for instance. Perhaps there could be structures beyond the walls representing Continental Army soldiers, as well, or something?

Can't wait to see what home parks you might suggest for each team here, folks. Hopefully, your suggestions will work quite well if I'll be able to include them for various teams related to this project. If not the proposed Generals Fortress for the Generals, then what park might you each recommend for them given the potential players on their roster or rosters? Please advise, if and when you like. Thank you, then, everyone. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote