View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 12:43 PM   #47
abell1198
All Star Reserve

1872 Collegiate Championship Series, Game 1

James and his family traveled by train to Princeton, New Jersey, for the first game of the 1872 Collegiate Championship Series. He met first with Yale President, Jesse Berry, and Athletic Director Adam Patrick, congratulating them on their successful season.

"We should have been here last year," Berry remarked, "but I'm glad to see we got a second chance. Now all we have to do is win this series and take home the trophy."

James also spoke with Princeton President John Cartwright and Athletic Director Ryan Lamar about their success and second consecutive appearance in the Collegiate Championship Series.

"I'm telling you, James," Cartwright proclaimed, "we're going to win this series. You might as well engrave the trophy now and hand it over."

When the game started, it was expected to be a pitcher's duel, with Kyle Brown pitching for Yale and Jon Richmond on the mound for Princeton. But the scoring started early for Yale, as they got to Richmond for a run in the 1st inning and three more in the 2nd inning to jump out to a 4-0 lead. The Tigers were held in check, managing only one run and five hits against Brown. Yale coasted to a 6-1 win on the road and put the defending champs on the ropes for the trip back to New Haven.
Attached Images

Current Dynasty:
Collegiate Baseball Association

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015
abell1198 is offline   Reply With Quote