View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #29
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgjocki View Post
Is it time to add the designated hitter to the National League?

I ran across this blog over on Yardbarker and while it is interesting I still personally play with no DH in my leagues at all. I like managing each game and getting to use my entire bench as pinch hitters instead of just letting the same 9 guys go up and hit everyday. Sure the pitchers bat in the first few innings but I usually bunt, try and take a walk or use hit and run when they are at the plate to spice things up.

To me an interesting stat from the blog was the batting lines for the AL and NL this year:

"This year, the American League has a .254/.317/.392 line with 1,958 home runs and a 99 wRC+. The National League is hitting just .249/.312/.384 with 1,835 home runs and a 93 wRC+"

That doesn't seem like an absolute earth shattering disparity between the two leagues that would call for changing the rules in my opinion.

What do you guys think? Should MLB put the DH in both leagues and do you use it for your own OOTP leagues?
I play with the DH in both leagues in my EBL league thru 2025, after that neither league will have it.Ii started the DH in the AL in 2015 and added it to the NL in 2020. I prefer to play without it but it depends on the league. IRL I am a fan of it, but i like the fact that one league has it and the other does not.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote