View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #54
Ciccarelli
Major Leagues

Get a bit darker with these ones (Nothing too crazy, though). If you don't want to use them, I understand completely.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Tweed Accused of Domestic Violence, Arrested During Practice

In one of the more shocking moments of the season, Minnesota Mongrels catcher Abraham "Boss" Tweed was forced out of team practice... in handcuffs. The catcher was arrested on charges of battery this morning after his live-in girlfriend reported to local authorities that Tweed of frequently and repeatedly abusing her physically.

Police say that the woman, visibly cut and bruised, told them of stories where she would be beaten due to Tweed's suspicions that she was cheating on him. Meanwhile, she told of times where she would be locked in a closet while Abraham would bring other women to his house. "It's a scary situation, any way you look at it," the police chief said. "The woman came in this morning, speaking of his frequent and violent mood swings. She was all but fearing for her life."

After confirming her reports from her family members, police arrived to arrest the player one hour into practice. Tweed did not resist arrest, but was visibly angry, shouting that she was "a [expletive] liar" as he was being led out of the team's practice complex. Players and team personnel alike are shocked at the allegations. "I'm absolutely floored. Never would I have expected something like this to come out of him." One player commented. Another anonymous player, however, is not all that surprised. "I went over to his house one time and his girlfriend never said anything, was eerily quiet and shy. It was like she wanted to tell me something, but she didn't want to anger [Tweed]."

The girl is currently living with family members after being transferred from police custody. Tweed, however, has been released on bail and is under a strict order not to go within 50 yards of the girl or her family.

Mongrel's management has stated in a press release that Tweed will face potential "internal discipline" for the accusations.

RESULTS

National Popularity plummets
Local Popularity plummets
"Leadership" decreases
Teammate relations with player decreases
OPTION TO SUSPEND PLAYER FOR 7-10 DAYS
IF SUSPENDED:
Player morale and loyalty decreases
Fan interest and team morale remains the same
IF NOT SUSPENDED :
Player loyalty increases
Fan interest decreases,
Team morale decreases
Fan loyalty has potential decrease
Owner mood decreases

Routine Examination Uncovers Scare, Bailey Out

It started with an annoying headache that wouldn't go away. Then his vision started to get blurry to the point where it was hard to see the lineup in the dugout. That's when Dallas Hitmen starting pitcher Bennett Bailey decided to see a doctor about his issues. What they found was something that Bailey had no belief that he had: A benign brain tumor.

"Thankfully, it's not cancer, but to have something like that happen to you... it's stunning," Bailey said. While the tumor has very little chance of becoming malignant, doctors are using precautionary measures and are having it surgically removed tomorrow morning. Bailey was quoted as saying "It's not the best thing that can happen, but it can sure be a whole lot worse."

Doctors state that while Bennett will make a full recovery and not have to worry about any other complications, he needs a couple of weeks to rest and recover from the surgery.

RESULTS:
Player out 2-3 weeks

Carlson Leaves The Diamond For The Football Field

He's always been considered to be a great football player, but 21-year-old Bavington Beavers left fielder Michael Carlson chose the allure of the baseball field over the rigors of college football when he was drafted. Today, he announced that he's going to trade in his bat for a chance to play football at a prestigious university. "Baseball will always have a soft spot in my heart," Carlson lamented, "But being on the road all the time fighting for a chance to move up the organizational ladder just made me realize how much I missed the game of football."

Carlson was a multi-sport athlete in high school, lettering in baseball, basketball and football. During his senior year, Michael was one of the top 200 recruiting prospects for football, receiving scholarship offers from several elite and mid-tier college programs. Despite not being as esteemed a prospect in baseball, he chose to pursue the game when declaring his eligibility for the draft. "Let's face it, the money was what brought me to baseball," Carlson stated. "When a team is throwing tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars at you just to sign with them, college can wait. My family didn't come from money. I'd have been a fool to pass that up."

That all changed when one of his original college suitors offered him a full scholarship to their football program. Carlson, struggling to develop and adapt to the minor league game, gladly accepted the opportunity. "Being in the minors has really humbled me. It's helped me to gain perspective about what's really important in life. Not about following the money, but my heart."

CONDITIONS
Player must be drafted out of high school
Player must be a marginal prospect/player struggling in minor leagues for several seasons

RESULTS
Retirement

__________________________________________________ ________

Rowdy Night At The Bar Leaves Tatum Behind Them

It was like a scene out of a Hollywood movie. 25-year-old New York Nighthawks right fielder DeShawn Tatum was arrested in a local suburb early this morning after police pulled him over in a brand new sportscar; but police say that the only things he was sporting was a blood alcohol level of .24 and the blood of several bar patrons on his shirt.

Police say that they received a call from Club 76 at 1:30 AM, complaining that Tatum was being belligerent after being cut off from the bar. Despite attempts from friends to restrain the player, DeShawn began to physically assault bar employees and patrons alike. Two bar employees had to be taken to a local hospital in non-life-threatening conditions. Police arrived to the scene after Tatum escaped from the scene, but another officer pulled over DeShawn several miles away after being clocked at driving 114 mph in a 40 mph zone.

That is where, police say, things got a little strange. "The suspect stated that the stains from his shirt were from trying to make his infant son eat raspberry jam," Police stated in a press conference. "The suspect also declared that he was speeding to get his son cough medicine and that the breathalyzer used was tampered with to arrest, in his words, 'local celebrities' like himself."

Tatum is currently in police custody, awaiting the set price for bail. Nighthawks management has stated that Tatum showed extremely poor character and judgment in his actions. They said that he will face the strong potential for discipline and possible termination of his contract due to this incident.

RESULTS
National Popularity plummets
Local Popularity plummets
"Leadership" declines
Decline in overall character
OPTION TO SUSPEND OR TERMINATE CONTRACT OF PLAYER
IF NOT SUSPENDED OR RELEASED:
Player morale and loyalty increases
Fan interest and loyalty decreases
Owner mood decreases
IF SUSPENDED 7-10 DAYS:
Player morale decreases
Player relations with teammates decreases
Fan interest decreases, loyalty remains intact
IF RELEASED:
No penalty for releasing player from contract
Fan loyalty increases
Owner mood increases

Last edited by Ciccarelli; 03-04-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote