View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 04:51 AM   #55
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Don't worry about 2012 minor league stats. We actually have a few guys working on that as a matter of fact please, please, please contact BigRod as he is leading that project and could sure use your help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy26wc View Post
What kind of project would that be? Is that a project to re-rate everyone and completely a new roster set? The problem that I see with getting involved that kind of project is that the work won't really bear its fruits for weeks/months. It's not that I don't appreciate the work that goes into those projects.
No rerating as far as what I do goes..only Minor League stats updating as well as almost 5,000 free agents minors stats.
For those of you that's thinking about undertaking stats, here's what it takes if your doing it yourself.
About an hour minimum for each team depending on roster size.
If your doing an entire MLB organization, It can be done in about 5 hours non stop. 30 Organizations=150 hours. Limit that to 5 hours a day and your looking at 1 Month to finish just the complete Minors + another week to update the Majors with their 2012 stats.
Even then it's not complete..You've got to consider all the players that were released and are now free agents.
Once you got all that, there's the sorting of everything to get it to match ootp's requirements, double checking to make sure there's no erroneous data and replacing the team names with there IDs.
If that's not enough..here's the killer...If you make one mistake and don't immediately catch it..there's no way possible to be sure that any of the final data is correct.
With that said...any takers?? as I sure could use the help. Currently there's only 2 of us doing this. Just send me a pm and I'll set you up.
Thanks in advance.
Rod

Last edited by Bigrod; 11-26-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote