View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #73
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Delaware

Not that anyone really cares, but some oddities of the Delaware towns that are listed... being a semi-proud resident of this small 3 county state, it sort of jumped out at me. lol

The towns of "Bear", "Brookside", "Pike Creek Valley" aren't actually "towns" they are locations called "census-designated places" I guess they do this because the town of "Wilmington" pretty much of New Castle County (the northern and most populous county in the state).

Basically this list (all but Dover, the state capital, and 1/2 of Smyrna) are towns in New Castle County. One thing you may want to think about is removing those 3 "CDP's" and update them with towns in the lower 2 counties. This way if someone creates a "Delaware League" which I did in 9 and 10, it would give a fair representation of the state.

For those who care... The Northern County of Delaware, New Castle, which drives the state is crazy democrat, many residents live here and commute to Baltimore, Maryland, Philly and NYC. Where the southern 2 counties (Kent and Sussex) are more Republican. The lower two counties are known as "LSD" or lower-slower Delaware. Spend a day there and you will understand why.

My suggestions would be to change..
Bear to Camden-Wyoming (Kent County w/ Dover)
Brookside to Georgetown (Sussex County, the original state capital)
Pike Creek Valley to Rehoboth Beach (Sussex Country, probably one of the largest cities in DE during the summer. Many DC Residents have houses in the area)

That'd give Kent 2 1/2 towns, Sussex 2 towns and New Castle 5 1/2 towns, which would represent this state more... Just my 2 cents.

State: Delaware
1 Wilmington - DONE
2 Dover - DONE
3 Newark - DONE

4 Bear
5 Middletown
6 Brookside
7 Glasgow - DONE
8 Hockessin
9 Pike Creek Valley
10 Smyrna - DONE

Check out my OOTP dynasty, the DelMarVa Baseball League:
DelMarVa Baseball League.

and the spin off:
DelMarVa Baseball League - 2037 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England.

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..
illeracula is offline   Reply With Quote