View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 09:40 AM   #102
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

I don't mean to butt in here, but I don't think battists meant that he was going to do something on his end to actually free up your computer. It is unlikely that his editing of a page in the manual is going to affect the situation on your end. It sounds like you have at least a partial crash that you may be able to recover from and not disturb your currently running session of OOTP.

You said you looked at Task Manager. Did/does that screen look something like below? If so, can you highlight the Internet browser entry (because that is what I would think may be the problem, not OOTP - all the manual menu entry does in the game is call up your browser to go to that web site) and select End Task? You may have to wait a bit and perhaps try again; sometimes it does not want to let go.

If that does not work, however, then you have a full crash and will have to reboot your computer. You can do that by selecting Restart from the Shut Down menu in the Task Manager screen or by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL again.

Now for the bad news. This means that you will lose your OOTP game results from the last time you saved it and, unfortunately, you run the risk of having corrupted your league files in the bargain. Definitely a demonstration of the need to back up your files regularly.

battists, if I have spoken out of turn here and you were working on something for this fellow, please feel free to gently chide me.
Attached Images

Last edited by 1998 Yankees; 08-02-2008 at 09:47 AM.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote