Thread: MLB 2019 thread
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 11:22 AM   #526
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
When a guy holds out for a big contract he's no just doing it for himself, he's doing it for the next group of guys as well.
That's an interesting point. Plausible, but I'm not sure if it buy it. I don't see any of these superstars as crusaders for the labor movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman576 View Post
Also, I'd rather players have the money than owners. Nothing wrong with making what the market thinks you're worth. Supply and demand and all.
Don't forget one crucial thing: All of this money is coming from people like you and me. We all have to pay more now, much more, for access to the game that we love. True, I'd rather the players got the money than the owners hoarding it but I would prefer that everybody would be satisfied with less money. How's that for wishful thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I think he'll be fine. Everyone knows the MLB playoffs are a total crapshoot, it's basically like he watched someone roll a couple 7s in a row after leaving the table.
Oh, he'll be fine, alright. Financially. There's something about $27.5MM per annum that makes it so. But spiritually? I'm not so sure. One thing that I am sure about is that, once the money is in the bank, it's not very important anymore. What is important is the validation of your life's efforts and there is nothing like winning a championship for taking care of that. No, I got to think Harper is kicking himself a bit today because he has missed out and who knows when the golden ring will come around again, if ever?

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 10-31-2019 at 11:24 AM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote