Thread: Tanking?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 07:53 PM   #37
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Remember a few months back, when me and a few other people looked at the rules and the PT setup and said that tanking was clearly going to be a problem since there was plenty of obvious incentive to do so?

And how I almost built a beta team solely around the idea of tanking, to report on the forum what would happen and how ridiculously profitable it would be to play that way?

And we got laughed off the stage, and told that OOTP players weren't like that, and I got accused of cheating?

I remember that stuff anyway, because I'm a miserable bastard who carries grudges for years. Being that kind of bastard, I feel some satisfaction in coming back now and seeing long threads talking about tanking and futile suggestions to stop it.

I assure you of this; the only people you're currently catching are the people who are sloppy pig obvious about tanking. For each example you post here, there are probably 3 other players who are more subtle and intelligent about it and are accomplishing the same things without raising any flags.

... anyway, months ago, we also said that reward scaling according to league level was the only intelligent way to put a stop to this.

No... whatever you're thinking of saying, stop. Because none of that other sh*t has worked. Stop it and come around already. There is no other logical way to stop tanking. Asking players to enforce these rules is ridiculous. And if algorithms are put in place to stop tanking, people will just learn to circumvent these algorithms because that's what those kinds of players do.

This stuff happens in every multiplayer game in existence. Strategies in MP mold themselves according to whereever the most success and profit lies. And in this version of PT the profit is not in doing your best every year.

Reward scaling according to league. You're going to come around because there's no other solution. And when you do, I will crawl out of the woodwork and mock you all.

Have a nice Spring! See you in a few months!

Last edited by One Post Wonder; 04-06-2019 at 07:58 PM.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote