Thread: Tanking?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 04:28 AM   #22
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASURay View Post
If I want to see how a team comprised entirely of players named "Tom" would do in PT, then so be it. If a "whale" got banned for fielding a less-than-stellar team for a season, I think they'd have a nice little case in small claims court (depending on how much they spent). The "intended operation of the game" is a pretty nebulous clause.
Totally disagree. If you want to see how a team comprised of "Tom's" then you do it from the lower levels up and make it to Perfect. Then you have a case IMO.

Achieving the top level of the game with certain players and then sitting them all to get relegated is tanking. No amount of contriving whatever reasons one can muster to sit all the players that got you to Perfect then replacing them with "Tom" changes that and is clearly TOS violation.

I would say there is a lot of grey area and many different levels of what one could consider tanking other than the obvious attempts linked above.

There are also lots of ways the end user that has paid money can end up violating the TOS in the name of "just having fun". You could decide to call your team something filthy and offensive and find yourself on the outside looking in for one simple example.

IMHO those teams attached above are in clear violation of the TOS and their owners would have a very difficult time even finding a lawyer willing to take on such a case were they to be banned from PT were it to ever come to that (which I would seriously doubt).

I have been wildly unsuccessful at the Perfect level when my top paid for team makes it up there and have spent a fair amount of money to be mediocre.

They are not good enough to compete at the highest level but are very competitive at Diamond and I do enjoy it more. I have all top 90's players and 100's, too. A very good team... just not what wins at perfect.

In addition, along the way, I have bought up each and every Future Legend player above a 70 rating save none. Only Guerrero and Acuna and sometimes Ohtani were good enough to be on my actual Live Perfect team, however.

A few seasons back I sat most of my good starters and replaced them with the all Futures version of my team after a couple consecutive 90 loss seasons at Perfect without being relegated. A very decent team in their own right at lower levels... A team I spent an additional $150 plus grabbing futures up with.

I was curious to see how all Futures would do and they didn't disappoint and did terrible yet they still weren't relegated like I thought they should have been. That said, I would not have protested (much) had someone reported me. Granted this wasn't a clear TOS violation like sitting your stars and replacing them with bronze but I was willing to accept my fate had someone taken issue with it.

I would have stood up and stated I spent good money on those Mize, Tatis, Franco, Guerrero, Acuna etc cards but in my heart I would have known that my intent was to tank. I would not expect to be banned for something like that either. Perhaps a strong warning to fix the issue before they have to fix it for me kind of deal... At worst a season off. But I don't see OOTP wanting to see paying customers banned and litigating...
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote