View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 02:35 PM   #4
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Thanks very much for the response gmo. After reading up, doing some research and some trial and error; I've come up with a pretty good schedule on my own. I have tested it in a dummy league and it seems to work quite well.

What I discovered is that my 3 lower tiers of the promo/relegation league share the same basic schedule. Therefore, all teams in those tiers have the same days off during the season
(every 13th day). This works beautifully for my purposes, since these are the only teams that would have games to play during the regular season. To create my custom schedule, I had the game create its own based on a 9 game regular season. I exported the file and then just removed games that I didn't want and changed the days to match off days in the regular leagues.

So, I have the 20 teams from top division with no games...22 teams in the middle that "pair up" and play each other 5 times throughout the year, and the 10 team lowest division play one game each against all other teams. This sends 20+11+1 or 32 teams to a basic tournament playoff bracket.

All "regular season" games are played on days off. The playoff games mostly come as doubleheaders. However, I have made it so they fall after the teams have expanded rosters at the end of the season. This ensures that teams aren't too strapped playing the regular league and worrying about the tournament too. A champion here is crowned well before the regular league playoffs of my top division and also gets finished in time to not interfere with the relegation battles.

I love how it came out and I've attached the tournament schedule I edited along with the regular league schedule if anyone is interested.
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILN_BGN_G9_SL1_D13_T10_T2_T2_T2_T2_T2_T2_T2_T2_T2_T2_T2_T20.lsdl (6.1 KB, 116 views)
File Type: lsdl ILN_BGY_G162_T10.lsdl (49.0 KB, 125 views)

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote