View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 09:42 AM   #79
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKreider View Post
I would like to see a deeper Scouting system in place! I've always thought it would be interesting to add an option where Scouting a player 100% would require sending out your basic scouts, which would get you to a certain percentage of knowledge, followed by sending out cross checkers (or second level scouts) then followed by higher up Assistant GMs etc, and to get a fully comprehensive look and feel for a player, you (being the player) would scout that player by watching a certain amount of their games (be it one game or multiple).

It would obviously need to be toggle-able, but I think it would add immersion to give us reasons to watch minor league games, watch games in other leagues, scout and watch Fall League or Winter League, and to keep an eye on our own lower levels (our knowledge of even our own players does not constantly stay at 100% if we are not keeping half an eye on them).

(the idea being that 100% knowledge of a player is not necessarily getting a exact 100% truthful analysis of players skills, but that you have a full idea of what your scouting team believes that player to be - if that makes any sense)

You could add things like knowledge levels waning over time, having to actually put your scouts in certain physical locations (if a scout is following around player x prior to trade deadline, than he is not available to go and watch player y). --> I've often thought this would be interesting for the actual player as well. To almost have a schedule, where if my Padres are playing in San Diego, but I want to go watch some games in, lets say, Arizona, I would need to take into account travel time, or physical location. It would add a new level of control for a GM, with some level of skill and knowledge required to do it well, especially with smaller staffs.
The scouting system had a lot of this years ago, but it was taken out due to an overwhelming desire from the community to simplify the scouting process. Personally, I felt like I was spending way too much time making sure my scouts were actually doing things and less time focusing on my actual team.
BIG17EASY is online now   Reply With Quote