View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 04:55 AM   #18
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Minor leaguers are not available in RD only MLers. so No for #1. What AJ said for the other 2.
I dont think even if you played historical MLB that all of the 775 players drafted in 1977 would be available.
Minor leaguers are sure available if one play with full minors, every player that made his debut in minors or majors in the upcoming year will be in that draft pool (if set in December, if set in June they will be ready a half year ahead of the time they made their first game, the year before so to say).

I found out that players that in RL was drafted the same year not truly pop up in the same draft pool in the game. The reason is that some player drafted in June in RL did played that year so they will be in your December pool the year before. Then the players who held out the same draft year will come in the December pool next year. The key is the first game they ever played as a pro.

It was kind of confusing how the position of the draft date influenced when players appear in the draft pool. I normally played Histo game with players just joining auto the year they made their pro-debut in just that team, but missed out on the fun of drafting.

So the issue with 770 players in that draft pool mentioned, isn't a sure yes or no. Whoever played the same year as drafted will be in the pool, the other will not pop up until they made their pro debut. Meaning HS draftees could pop up several years later. There is a lot of those for sure.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote