View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 08:23 PM   #8
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlon View Post
The neutralized stats are good too. I'd like to see us create a new build of the neutralized stats and update them as they have not been updated in many seasons. I have been enjoying using the real stats and playing with all park factors set to 1.000. Using 5 years as the base gets you around many of the issues with WWII.
I set all park factors to 1.000 as well, and neutralize the weather, by changing the weather in the cities that have MLB teams. I believe it was you who suggested that to me a looong time ago, and I've been using it ever since. Your explanation IIRC, was that the stats have already been modified by park factors and weather IRL, so why modify them again, or something like that. Interesting point about 5-years wiping out the WWII issues. Definitely food for thought. Thanks.

Very interested in the potential neutralized stats update as well. Unfortunately, I don't have the skillset that you might be looking for to help in that, as I don't really have the database skills or spreadsheet skills. I can fumble my way through spreadsheets, but databases are a whole other matter. I'm enthusiastic for anything that puts neutralized stats back on the front burner. I'm just not sure how much help I can offer.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote