View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 08:59 AM   #23
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa21 View Post
The idea is that lots of the new functionalities should be optional.
Fair enough; FHM's first years had to much "optional stuff" IMO, and there's still a need to really focus on "core stuff" IMO

Quote:
However, in real life the GM acts more like a CEO, means he makes the baselines, but rarely details.
In regards to the NHL/major professional hockey, I disagree

I took a look at Anaheim's Media Guide (here's a link that has a bunch of the current Media Guides http://hfboards.mandatory.com/thread...uides.2394477/ I just used Anaheim as they were first in the list) - Anaheim has 350 names listed on their Club Directory (list of staff). There are 33 different divisions/groupings

What you're saying might be the case with the smallest leagues, where the staff team is very small & even if it's not it still sounds like cool optional stuff to me...

Quote:
Why not even again a more games series between Canada and Russia?
I don't think there'd be much interest (I think it's been decades since there's been significant interest)

Russia hasn't won a best-on-best since 1981 (the only time they've won). If you look at the medal results for the Olympics since 1998, among the 6 "hockey powers" Russia's the worst performing

I think the specialness of Canada/Russia was from back when they were considered the two best at hockey (though I thought the Czechs were pretty good in the 70s)

Last edited by Nino33; 12-02-2017 at 09:02 AM.
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote