View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 03:36 PM   #17
NICKD83
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
You guys have any to share? Non-historical mode, preferably.

In my long-term sandbox mode (I remain as spectator, simply following the league as a fan rather than taking over a team) the Calgary Flames are looking like they have one of the most exciting young players in a long time. Chris Kramer, as a 19 year old, scored 40 goals and 100 points to lead the Flames to their first playoff birth in 5 years. He finished 2nd in the league in assists and he is the first player to score 100 points in a season for the Flames franchise since Theo Fleury in 92-93. And yes, we're in 2051-2052.

The main question for Kramer going forward, is will he be able to stay healthy? He was limited to just 22 games with the Medicine Hat Tigers in 2049-2050 due to a torn labrum. With such a serious injury, Calgary has to be hoping luck stays on his side going forward.

And in a fun little storyline I've been following..the Flames, Oilers and Canucks all had top 10 picks that draft year. Calgary selected Kramer 2nd overall, while the Canucks drafted winger Matt Marr 9th overall. He has turned into a star in his own right with 162 points in 162 games over 2 seasons. The Oilers on the other hand won the draft lottery and selected Mississauga Steelheads center Austin Pooli 1st overall. He's shown flashes but is playing on a terrible Oilers team and hasn't had quite the same impact as Kramer and Marr. Not to mention that the 3rd overall pick (Islanders) just scored 45 goals in his 2nd NHL season. While still very early, you'd have to think the Oilers would like a do-over if a redraft option was there.

Anyways, thanks for reading! Feel free to post any interesting stories and happenings in your league. This forum needs more activity!
I'm playing a sandbox mode as the leafs. But how can i spectate like you are what would be settings to do this? Also if you dont have control over a certain team do you have control of the league like rules?
NICKD83 is offline   Reply With Quote