View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 12:45 PM   #3
SushamiBoy
Minors (Triple A)

As the opening lineup for the preseason is announced, GM Cloutier sat down to answer a few questions.

What would you say is the strength of this team?
Currently it is defence and the promise of offence in the future. I expect this year to be a low scoring affair but we will do what we can to be entertaining.

There is a good mix of veterans and youth on the team in all places but in front of the net. Do you think that goaltending will suffer because of this?
Not really. I think it will be growing pains all around and it is up to us to thrive through adversity.

Do you anticipate being a buyer or a seller come the trade deadline?
Game one has not even been played. There is no way to think about that now. We do have some veterans on the team, they may come on the market should they be able to bring in some more youth and future.

Rumors are that some of the names are already on the trade block such as Enstrom, Matthias, and Stafford. Do you fear going too young too fast?
I don't think anyone expects the cup in the next couple of years. I think youth bring excitement and entertainment. You need to be putting on a good show if you're not going to be bringing in good numbers in the win column.

As training camp opens, the GM and coach shared his opening lineup so far:

Ehlers - Plekanec - Laine
Conner - Little - Wheeler
Burmitsov - Scheifele - Stafford
Matthias - Lowry - Lipon

Lindholm - Byfuglien
Enstrom - Myers
Potsma - Trouba

Hellebyuck - Hutchinson
SushamiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote