View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 08:41 PM   #76
bulldog55
Hall Of Famer

1) Did you like the OOTP 17 color scheme and use of team colors. If not, what could be improved?

No complaints.

2) How about the interface layout, is the upper area (info & navigation) easy to use and understand?

The groupings don't make a lot of intuitive sense and many things are buried in submenus. I miss the old dropdown menus that had everything you wanted all in one place, instead of having to remember what is kept under "file" and what is under "game" and so on.

3) What interface quirks would you like to see fixed / improved?

When you're in your roster/lineup screen and you click on a player, then right-click to exit back out, a lot of times it reads that as a right click on the player's name in the roster screen and brings up the player menu (place on disabled list, open player profile, etc), but I was right-clicking to get back there in the first place.

It is still very buggy about automatically assigning positions in the lineup based on the depth chart. Doesn't work more often than it does.

4) Any feature ideas that relate to the interface which you'd like to see implemented (i.e. more hotkey support)?

Related to (2), I would just like everything to be located in one place. The dropdown menus take up such a tiny portion of a large screen. There is so much more room that is being wasted that could make everything easier to find with fewer clicks. I happen to still have v14 installed on my computer and I love that menu. I click on the league menu and I get a bunch of groupings: Basics, Transactions, History, Logs, Info & Reports, and Advanced, and every option is just right there. No remembering which menu item I have to click on to find the thing I'm looking for.

5) Which skin did you use in OOTP 17? Would you like to see an alteration to our usual default / dark / classic skin themes?

I don't use skins. The default is fine for me.

Being smart, don't always make you popular.
bulldog55 is offline   Reply With Quote