View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 06:55 PM   #436
Triactus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Which message are you getting, exactly, when you try to hire new staff? The fired staff shouldn't be counting against your staff budget by the point you're at now.
When I try to hire, a box appears that says "Signing not possible. You can't afford to sign (enter name). His demand is too high". Here are two screenshot, if it helps. The first is my payroll and compensation (which hasn't changed since my first summer with the team). I have 61 thousand left. In the second screenshot, I tried to sign Curtis Joseph as a test. He's supposed to ask for 80 000$, as stated on the last line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The staff award criteria leans heavily towards single-season improvement. There's some consideration for overall performance, but if somebody dramatically improved their team from the previous year, they'll have a better shot at winning than someone on a team that did well, but does well every year.
Yeah, that's what I figured. And I think that's also often what happens IRL. For whatever it's worth, excellence should also be a factor in the mix, IMO. And being an active GM might be a good factor in the Executive award, also.

Last edited by Triactus; 01-23-2020 at 06:56 PM.
Triactus is offline   Reply With Quote