View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 06:18 PM   #435
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triactus View Post
I have two quick questions :

- For how long does the compensation to a fired staff member stay on the books? I created Seattle on the first July 1rst. Fired the staff that was automatically hired because I figured I could take the compensation hit that year. Only, it was still there on my second July 1rst and now, on my third July 1rst, it's still there. I can't hire anymore scouts or assistant coaches because I'm too close to the limit. Is there a way to remove it or raise the staff budget on commish mode?

- What are the factors that go into choosing the finalists for Executive of the year and coach of the year NHL awards? I'm a GM/coach and have been both #1 in the NHL in regular season and Stanley Cup winner in my first two seasons. But I haven't been a finalist for either trophies.
Which message are you getting, exactly, when you try to hire new staff? The fired staff shouldn't be counting against your staff budget by the point you're at now.

The staff award criteria leans heavily towards single-season improvement. There's some consideration for overall performance, but if somebody dramatically improved their team from the previous year, they'll have a better shot at winning than someone on a team that did well, but does well every year.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote