View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 01:12 PM   #28
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

To me, this is all easily resolved with a criteria of "X" PL Championships required to move up to a final tier.

This leaves it open to F2P teams who have the time and effort to compete against whales, while making the top end competition, highly competitive.

It also gives non-whalers an achievement to strive for and metric to meet to know they'll be able to compete consistently at the top tier once they've reached it.

I'd personally make this final tier, non-demoteable, but include a full reset option. Thus eliminating tanking in the final tier. But you could also do this with relegation. You'd just need a criteria for re-entry, like another PL championship.

"X" can easily be determined based on OOTP 20 and the number of multi championship owners vs everyone else.

Lastly, let me add that this is baseball. Pyramids are fine and dandy, but teams don't move up or down in baseball based on wins/losses etc (that's bloody soccer). You're sanctioned as a MLB team when the league allows it, indicating you have the proper resources to establish and maintain a competitive franchise. So honestly, all the pyramid should be for in a sim is for the Devs pockets and to separate out who is the cream of the crop, so that they can all play each other. If you have too many AAA teams playing MLB teams, you should make better criteria for a final tier.

(As an aside, is there a reason we can't rename these tiers to rookie, A, AA, AAA, and MLB? Would be way more thematic).

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote