View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 08:15 AM   #39
majesty95
All Star Starter

Anyone who says they need to decrease commercial breaks is living in a fantasy land. Its part of the economics of the sport. Decreasing commercials means decreased ads and decreased revenue. No business on the planet would do that.

I don't particularly care for the 3 batter minimum but I also don't know that's it's going to be a huge issue. At some point in youth baseball we were called out after two fouls with two strikes. That seems ridiculous but if we grew up with it and never knew the difference it would seem normal. A lot of people just don't want to see change. Some people probably didn't want to see the mound lowered. Many still don't want the DH. Some even resisted replay...

The game changes. The consumer changes. Everything is also cyclical. At some point the HR, BB, K method of winning will not work either by rule or adaptation in strategy and we'll all be on to a new complaint about how the game has changed. I don't love this era we are in, but I kind of hate it less than the era we left when I wondered if every player on the field was juicing.
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote