View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 05:35 AM   #16
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerman View Post
I've only been playing PT since the October sales, when I finally updated from 17. It's been a learning process and it's clear that quite a bit about the game is wonky, but I accept that that's kind of inevitable.

However... living in the UK and being several hours ahead of the US is proving to be my biggest issue. Virtually every auction that I'm interested in ends at around 2 in the morning. The general unavailability of certain cards, some of which defy logic, doesn't help because it encourages people to be greedy and set BINs too high. I don't have much hope that the international player base is going to expand massively, so I don't see things improving, unless the developers make specific changes with time zones in mind.

The two suggestions I have are firstly, I think it would be healthy for the game in general if cards had a maximum price. Dynamic so it can change with popularity. And secondly, having live auctions neither show the highest bid, nor tell you if your bid is the highest. The auction shows the starting price, the BIN price and the number of bids, but does not update the starting price as bids come in. People bid what they like and find out if they have won at the close. This is simply to avoid having to be at your pc at the close. I'm sure these will be universally unpopular with the flip kings, but if the prospect is for 21 to be set up the same, I'll probably end up playing OOTP XX franchise mode for the foreseeable!
The argument against a max auction price has been that it would be unhealthy for the economy. But in your case, and other cases I imagine anyway, if the max price was not too high & not too low, I feel like it would be good for the economy because more people would attempt to field a competitive "perfect" team without getting to the point that they feel they cannot compete with the best teams...

If the max bid were 250 000 and 2000 teams were involved/competing in bidding on such cards and they bought 5 cards apiece,

That's more than the card going for 600 000 with only 300 players in..

Many more players can probably afford 225K-250K for a card.

It wouldn't make competing a moot point if more people could pay the high price because they may only be able to afford a few of these cards and there are plenty of best cards and ways to use them and combinations.

I'm kinda just rambling but I don't think it's a bad idea. It wouldn't be a cap on number of packs being bought or total action in the auction house, just a max on the price a single card can be sold for.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote