View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 08:04 PM   #6
Zaun
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
This is pretty interesting, and it would be great if you could post an update to see how you fare after moving up. I'm impressed that you had the time to do this. Two questions - how much time would you estimate you spend on each team? And what would your estimate be of opening packs vs auction?
Your first question - I guess a lot, but I'm a software developer so I've just had it open on another monitor while I check in from time to time while working. Obviously time spent weighted more towards the higher value teams since there isn't much you can do on a F2P account with no capital.

As for pack opening - yeah opening packs was really good, but they've been nerfed several times. They were +EV by a lot, but now, not so much. Hard to tell how good pack value will be on launch,as it's dependent on what the market does, but at the very least, it's really good when your team is **** since you'll get a lot of upgrades. Even if the value isn't great after the odds are tweaked, buying packs early on will help with liquidity problems. Liquidity meaning, if I want to buy player X right now at market price, oftentimes I just can't. So neutral-ish value packs are going to end up better because I can't get players at reasonable prices otherwise. Look to the AH to fill gaps in your roster afterwards.

Last edited by Zaun; 11-17-2018 at 08:08 PM.