View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 05:40 PM   #1
Royalsusedtorule
Minors (Triple A)

So, 3D game animation now a complete mess

Since the last update, my game animation had suffered. The action depicted often did not match very well with the PbP, did not sync time-wise as well, some of the actions were not as correct as they had previously been, etc. Things that were annoying since they had previously been more accurate, but also things you could live with and kind of ignore.

Now, however, I started a new historical game and the game animation is just a complete mess. Pitchers' and fielders' arms do not move - the ball just shoots out like its from a bazooka. Batters don't swing - the ball seems to just bounce off of them. Balls appear to directly hit batters and PbP says it's a swinging strikeout. Balls often go to the outfield on plays that PbP calls infield hits or outs. Just ridiculous stuff. Example: Just had a ball hit to the RF, then it laid at the fielder's feet while the batter raced around bases. Suddenly, the ball shoots to 1st base and the PbP, which had been frozen, says the 2nd baseman fields and throws to 1st for the out. Meanwhile, the depicted baserunner had nearly made it to 3rd.

Now, I know 3D animation is not the foundation of the game or the most important aspect of OOTP by any means. However, when you've grown accustomed to a fairly competent level of it, as most of us have in recent years, this is very frustrating.

I had two historical games saved prior to this new one, and the 3D animation had been working in them (although not as well as prior to last update, as I earlier stated). I went back and checked them and they now have the same animation issues as the new game I started.

Has anyone else run into this? Is there a way to correct this and still keep the saved games?

As I said, I play OOTP for a lot more reasons than 3D game animation, but it has added to the enjoyment of the experience, and this is frustrating as heck.
Royalsusedtorule is offline   Reply With Quote