Thread: Online Leagues?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 10:53 AM   #82
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
I implied they need to sell the game. If it does care about the customer then why does it not wait a month and make sure MP is in there then?

Theoretical for you... let's say they would have everything ready including MP by Jan 2018 .... Yet they could have the game complete except for MP by December 2018.

One way or the other those who want MP have to wait until January, yet those who don't can play the game when it is ready in December. Why should it be delayed for everyone?

And the number of people who play OOTPD games solo is vastly, vastly more than MP players (this isn't just conjecture either, the company has data that supports this).

You are suggesting they should punish the vast majority of players by delaying the game, in order to satisfy the minority of people who want MP. You also seemingly fail to realize that if the game even without MP comes out sooner, it is better in the long run too for everyone as it will then be tested by hundreds and hundreds of people, bugs fixed, improvements made, patches etc, that will benefit MP players when that is rolled out.

And just to show I'm not completely biased towards SP - I am actually really looking forward to playing in a FoF9 MP league when it is rolled out. I also realize logically it makes more sense to release the game when it is ready if it contains what the vast majority of your customer base plays (single player).