Thread: Online Leagues?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 09:19 AM   #21
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Interesting take. I'm seeing just the opposite of that recently. In the last two months, the CCFL, GML, and IHOF combined have added 10 owners (3,6, and 1 respectively) and dropped none. Only one of those is someone who joined all three, so that's 8 unique individuals who are either new or returning to FOF MP in a fairly short time period, with none leaving.
IDK Ben, I've seen more leagues have open slots (including the IHOF which has four and CCFL has 5 openings and the GML has 6 openings.) You may have a few new guys joining, but there are plenty that are dropping like flies and these are guys that are legit proven MP players. I can recall a few short years ago that it was a lengthy wait in your leagues to get a spot. That's not the case today. Even the NAFL which is 12 years strong with a commissioner as dependable as anyone struggled to fill the vacancies they had this past offseason. This is more than I've ever seen before. Multiple longtime solid GMs have expressed frustration or lack of interest with the new game compared to previous iterations.

I really think the game is at a crossroads and I hate to say it. I'm optimistic that this merger will insert some life/new ideas into the game.

Last edited by ezlee2; 08-10-2018 at 09:25 AM.