View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 08:55 PM   #12
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
Anyone can tweak and change things so it's always hard with these kinds of threads.
I play solely in commissioner mode and tweak settings. I simmed all the way up to the 2099-2100 season often tweaking the average goals per game along the way and, sadly, despite simming at least the final 40 seasons with an average goals per game of 6.50 never once did I ever get one single season of a player with more than 125 points. Most of the time the league leader was around 110 points and I even had quite a few seasons without a 100 point scorer despite a higher overall goals per game average for the league.

It seems that FHM4 is just like FHM3 where if I increase the average goals per game around the league goal scoring is increased throughout the entire team's roster, especially lower lines. Even in FHM3 I tried simming at the early 80's rate of goal scoring, 7.50 to 8.02 goals per game, and I would not get anything even close to any of the actual point totals among players from the NHL in the 80's let alone Gretzky and Lemieux numbers.

At least on my sims, goals against average and save percentages increase dramatically (and rather unrealistically) once I creep into the 6.0 goals per game (there were quite a few goaltenders with GAA's lower than 3 and SV%'s in the .900's during the late 80's and 90's despite seeing around 7 goals per game..but once I hit 6.00 I hardly get any goaltenders below 3.00 GAA or even one save percentage over .900%)...but the goal scoring among players is just spread to the lesser lower line players it seems, not among the elites.

Most of the highest point totals I get are either from historical replays in the 80's with real players or from Crosby, Ovechkin, McDavid and Matthews....and once those players retire I get Craig Janney totals for all AI created players despite increasing overall goal output.

In my opinion, I think the statistical output is kinda lacking once real players filter their way out after years of simming. Another case in point: despite low regular season numbers after increasing goals per game I often get record breaking performances in the playoffs. That kinda doesn't make sense....one 100 point guy during the regular season but a 20 goal guy or a 40 point guy or several 30 point guys in the playoffs.

Last edited by scootermojo; 11-07-2017 at 08:57 PM.
scootermojo is offline   Reply With Quote