View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 12:48 AM   #30
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Especially in historical mode the human has the big advantage that he knows when the superstars will be available.

Not to say that the AI needs constant improvement of course.
This is true, but I do feel you guys have done a nice job keeping people on their toes a bit in HM. I've had games where Chuck Lefley became a 3.5 star player and really developed into a solid second liner for the Scouts/Rockies and I've had games where he stayed in more of the 3 star range--he was good but hardly exceptional and generally fell down to third and fourth lines and retired earlier. I've seen this with LOTS of players, so it keeps me from taking the same tired group and running things.

Does HM allow for Rocky Trottier to be more like the OTHER Trottier? No, not in me experience. But then again, I rather like that. I prefer that the players perform within a certain range of their historic capabilities, but I don't want pure fiction or else I'd simply play fictional mode.

I'm still a little mystified by some of the stats and how they play out in HM. For example, some players with an aging of '7' manage to make it to their late-20s with a little fire left in their belly, but that almost never happen to real Cloutier when I draft him. Then I started to wonder if the aging stat wasn't 'years' played but 'games' played. So the more mileage a player has the quicker he ages? This might explain why CLoutier ages so quickly playing 75 games per year whereas another player with the same rating seems to last much longer.

Anyway, I'm counting the hours until the game becomes available!