View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 02:06 AM   #2
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Here is the link to the file

http://www.thelifetvshow.com/ootp/TF...Quickstart.zip

I'll start by discussing some of the things I did in the setup.

First I imported the 1901 season using Lahman.

Next I addeded a 16 team AAA minor league.

From the Create Menu I turned injuries off and also lowered the financial co-efficient number to .003. Nothing scientific with that choice. It just seemed to give me acceptable financial numbers.

From the league setup menu I renamed all of my minor league teams and also just for simplicity down the road added an (N) for National League to any NL teams that will have a city conflict with the AL.

From the Rules tab I changed my active roster to 22 players, set the expanded roster size to 30 and the Secondary(40-man roster) to 50. Because of a glitch you have to enable these expanded rosters right now but there will be a fix in the first patch.

I set the game to automatically import historical rookies and disabled the draft so they would be assigned to their real life team. In doing this you have to be sure to follow along with history and change the historic ID name whenever a club moves.

I left financials on but disabled free agency because it did not belong in a 1901 replay. It can be turned on again whenever the user chooses.

From the OPTIONS screen I renamed the post season event to the World Series (even though there was no WS in 1901). I also clicked on the other functions button and imported the real 1901 schedule.

From strategy and equiv. tab I made a few changes as you can see when you look at the file. The big one is toning Stolen Bases down to very rarely. Because of the lack of Caught stealing data in the Lahman DB steal numbers would be outrageous if you left it at normal. The Arod/Garlon DB will address this issue I believe.

I changed the player creation modifiers to .100 across the board. This was done so the fictional players imported to fill the minors will all be terrible. Ignore the fact that it is set differently now as we will not use it again. It has changed because of another minor bug I discovered and reported to Markus.

For the AAA league, I disabled the DH and imported a new schedule with a start date after the major leagues.

Those were the changes I made. Any questions on the reasoning behind any of them feel free to ask.

We are now ready to sim 1901.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote